I stumbled upon this recipe as I was preparing my meals for the week. I was at a complete loss as to what to cook up that I wouldn’t mind eating for five days. I knew that I needed to come up with a meal that was:
- Consisted of food that I already had in my fridge
I closed my eyes and threw some things in the pot and ended up with this gem.
So, without further ado I present this 10 ingredient vegetable noodle stew that will leave your stomach full and your taste buds singing!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
1 medium red onion
1 clove garlic
3 celery stalks
1 white Japanese sweet potato (or any potato variation)
2 cups kale
2 tbsp olive oil
32 oz. vegetable broth
2 cups torchiette pasta (or any pasta variation)
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt/ salt (add additional salt to taste)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot, over medium high heat.
- Add diced onion to the pot and cook until nearly black (this gives the stew a smokey taste).
- Add minced garlic halfway through cooking the onions.
- While the onions are cooking chop up the celery, carrots, and potato.
- Add the vegetables to the pot and let cook with top on for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable broth and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Bring the broth to a boil, and add the pasta noodles.
- Let the noodles boil uncovered for 6-7 minutes.
- Turn the heat down and add the kale; place the top back on the pot.
- Once the kale has softened, remove from the heat.
- Add salt to taste.