So I just moved into my first real apartment and had to start from scratch, as far as restocking my fridge/pantry. I got a few essentials that could last a while such as, black beans, quinoa, & sweet potatoes. So, as I sat in my apartment (hungry) and wanting to post another recipe I decided I would work with what I had to produce an easy, delicious, and cost effective meal.
So without further ado, here are the insanely delicious Black bean quinoa sliders w/ sweet potato buns. 🙌🏾
Here's what you'll need:
1/2 cup raw quinoa
15 oz. can of black beans
2 cloves garlic
1 small onion (diced)
1/4 cup tomato (diced)
3tbsp. hemp seeds
1tsp old bay
2 large sweet potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F & slice potatoes into ~1/2 inch rounds.
2. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and place into the oven for about 25 minutes.
3. Place 1/2 cup quinoa and 1 1/2 cups water into a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 15-20 minutes.
4. In a skillet, add olive oil, garlic, and diced onions & cook over medium heat until onions have softened.
5. Meanwhile, rinse and drain beans of all liquid.
6. Add diced tomatoes and 3/4 cup of beans to skillet, add cumin, salt, and paprika & cook stirring frequently.
7. Place onion, black bean, and tomato mixture into a food processor w/ 3/4 cups of quinoa & pulse until semi smooth.
8. Place mixture into a large bowl and add the remaining black beans, quinoa, and hemp seeds (as well as old bay and salt to taste) & mix together.
9. Make the mixture into small balls and flatten out in the skillet .
10. Fry in the skillet until both sides are browned.
11. Add slider on top of the sweet potato rounds and add avocado and my new fav (sriracha ketchup) (Optional of course)